Want to shop small, support local and buy thoughtful gifts your friends and family will love? I’ve put together this super useful list of fabulous gifts from 30 of my favourite Hampshire businesses. From mums, dads, kids and friends to aunts, uncles and grannies, there’s something amazing for everyone.
- Learn to make rings, earrings, necklaces and bangles at a Jewellery Moves workshop. At home or at a pop up workshop at venues across Hampshire, these workshops are not only great fun but you get to learn a new skill and take home a personalised piece of silver jewellery too.
- The Gin Stall specialises in bringing you the very best in handcrafted small-batch gin. Treat your friends and loved ones to an array of flavoured gins, miniatures and delightful gift sets including this delicious Summer solstice gin, locally produced in Andover.
- Barbara Graham creates stunning original canvas and paper art work. Originals or prints of her spectacular gestural abstraction work will make the perfect gift for art lovers.
- For colourful, jersey, gender equal kids clothes, including super comfortable harem trousers, t shirts and dungarees, head on over to Equally Awesome kids. The rainbow pterodactyl harem trousers are our favourite, which will you choose?*
- Stationery lovers will adore The Wright Stationery’s functional and stylish notebooks. With a fully customisable interior and a range of beautiful designs to choose from, these make truly unique gifts.
From left to right: (top) Jewellery Moves, The Gin Stall, Barbara Graham Art, (bottom) Equally Awesome, The Wright Stationery.
- For the men in your life, Trinkets by Moonlight’s message scroll leather bracelet is an all round win. Add a personalised message and choose your leather colour and metal.
- If it’s clever, quirky and funny quotes that you are after then head on over to Loulou’s Lovely Letters. The bold and bright ‘love’ print is our favourite.*
- Join Isabella Strambio from TwoMe for a macrame workshop. Learn to make wall hangings, plant hangers or a market bag in a relaxed and creative setting.
- Candy cane fudge is the ultimate Christmas treat; white chocolate peppermint with a red peppermint swirl and crushed candy canes on top. A fabulous stocking filler or secret Santa gift from Silver, Beats and Treats.*
- Tessa Marie Cox makes unique jewellery from hand cut leather. Her striking geometric designs in stunning colours make timeless, stylish pieces.
From left to right: (top) Trinkets by Moonlight, Loulou’s Lovely Letters, TwoMe, Silver Beats & Treats, (bottom) Tessa Marie Cox.
- Find unique, fun and bright style pet portraits at Cedar’s Yard. A fantastic addition to the home of your favourite pet owners.
- Train mad children will love a play session at Trainmaster. With venues across Hampshire, book a single or double session for kids to enjoy playing trains, dress up, crafts, ride on trains and more.*
- For organic, fair trade funny slogan tees to match your mood head to Wet Banana. From ‘fudge off’ to ‘I’m only human’ there’s a t shirt or sweatshirt to suit every man, woman and kid on your gift list.*
- There’s just something about the curious cow stainless steel water bottle from Totally About You that makes you smile. Choose from three colours and add your name for the ultimate useful personalised gift.*
- ‘Eat Sleep Run’: the perfect mantra for your runner friends. La Di Da’s aluminium and enamel sign would look great next to a rack of race medals.*
From left to right: (top) Cedar’s Yard, Trainmaster, Wet Banana, (bottom) Totally About You, La Di Da.
- “Once you knit, you can’t quit” says Cloud Nine Knits. Gift one of their signature giant knitting and crochet workshops or buy a DIY kit for the recipient to try at home.*
- For rum lovers, Happy Days Gifts kraken black and sailor jerry spiced rums are perfectly matched with curiosity cola and ginger ale to make a brilliant gift set.
- How about a unique, bold designer scarf from Kate Whyley? Kate’s chic, slim scarves are perfect for accessorising day or night and come in an array of beautiful designs.*
- Families will love these beautifully hand painted weekly organisers by Zobra Letters. Fully customisable for up to six family members, children will love adding in their own activities to help Mum and Dad fight the chaos!
- Offering courses in various locations in Hampshire with times to suit everyone, Tot Cross Buns runs cookery classes for 2-5 year olds. Fantastic for wannabe chefs who will learn to cook sweet and savoury dishes with a few cheeky treats thrown in too.*
From left to right: (top) Cloud Nine Knits, Happy Days Gifts, (bottom) Kate Whyley, Zobra Letters, Tot Cross Buns.
- Book a family photo shoot with Heather Lerryn Photography. Focusing on natural lifestyle photography, documenting everyday extraordinary moments, you won’t be disappointed with her stunning photos.
- Check out JJ Jiraffe for handmade, comfortable, organic cotton underwear – happy pants for all the family in beautifully bright prints. Buy a single pair or sign up for a Happy Pants Club subscription for a happy bum all year round.*
- For traditional wet shavers, you can’t go wrong with the Citrus men’s shaving gift set from Delicate Owl. The set includes shaving soap, brush, body wash and body lotion presented in natural, recyclable packaging.
- A DIY lampshade kit from Pippliqué is the perfect gift for creative folk. Each kit contains everything you need to create your very own lampshade at home. There are eight designs to choose from or if you are feeling creative you could design your own.
- Teach your little ones a love of literacy with a solid beech handmade wooden cursive alphabet tracing board from Coach House Woodworks.*
From left to right: (top) JJ Jiraffe, Delicate Owl, Heather Lerryn Photography, (bottom) Coach House Woodworks, Pipplique.
- Pop into the Longdog Brewery shop in Basingstoke to browse their range of locally brewed beers. With a core range of five beers covering a range of styles, colours and strengths you’ll be sure to the find the perfect gift for any beer connoisseur.
- Sabão make wellness bath bombs filled with ethically sourced essential oils, cocoa butter and sweet almond oils. Choose from an array of colours and scents for a relaxing stocking filler.*
- Stimulate their imaginations with a set of painted wooden dolls from Martoshki. Beautiful artwork adorns these elegant peg dolls, which will delight children and adults alike.
- Chocolate lovers will delight in The Crafty Chocolatier’s workshops where they can make learn how to temper chocolate and make their own pieces to take away. Or why not book a party for the whole family to enjoy chocolate making together.
- “Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms”, says Rainbow Lux Glass, and how could you not with this gorgeous fused glass rainbow bridge.*
From left to right: (top) Sabao, Martoshki, The Crafty Chocolatier, (bottom) Rainbow Lux Glass, Longdog Brewery.
* Businesses offer My VIP Card discount.